cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling abroad - payment holiday

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been trying to reach O2 number, but no luck so far. Hopefully, someone would be able to help. 

I am travelling for 2 months, and won't be using my O2 number. Is there something like a payment holiday (like Orange) that i can avail of? Or maybe, putting me down for a lower tariff for sometime? I am on Pay Monthly 36 and and could really use some help of how to save up.

Last month already got charged for using 0 mins of my unlimited allowance 😞  

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 do not offer this

If you started your tariff after march 2012 you cannot lower.

All you can do is remove any boltons until you return.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Nothing like that from O2. Only thing you can do to lessen your payment is to cancel any bolt-ons that you may have. You signed a contract. Whether you used 0 minutes or all of your allowance is up to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 do not offer this

If you started your tariff after march 2012 you cannot lower.

All you can do is remove any boltons until you return.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is their a family member who could make use of your tariff allowances who could pay you to use them.

You obviously would have to trust them.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm overseas at various times of the year and use a local sim card for anything up to 3 months at a time. However, this is my choice.

I have to tax the car so it can sit at home for 3 months outside my home unused. Again my choice if I don't want it towing away by the local authorities.

I have to pay standing charges for gas, water and electric whist overseas, not my choice.

The point I am trying to make is that these multinational ompanies and government bodies don't give you a holiday 'break' and O2 are no different.

Despite your non use of the service, enjoy your time abroad.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the only valid reason a person can get a 'holiday' in payments is a person in the armed forces on tour in a War Zone.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

All, 

Thanks for the helpful (and some not so helpful slight_smile ) advices. I understand the only choice is 2 lower the tariff. 

The only reason i raised this is because this facility is offered by Orange. I do understand that (and i am) paying for my parked car. 

Message 7 of 7