cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Pay & Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need data use only, for one month only, when in Greece. No calls or texts required.

o2 Travel Pay and Go rate is apparently £1.99 per day with a limit of 50MB per day.

However in requesting a SIM, I am given a choice, under “International Sim” of either 50MB at £10 per month or 100MB at £15.

How does this knit together with the £1.99 per day charge for up to 50MB.

I want to know the total cost to me of using 50MB per day for one month.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your phone is unlocked to All networks you could consider using a Greek Sim Card to use data and use WiFi.

If it's not Unlocked then unlock via the Network Unlock form.

Check eligibility.

Unlocking Form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Unlocking Help & Support http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network
Message 2 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

An international sim is for use in the UK and does not give you data overseas.

50MB per day will cost you £1.99 as stated in O2 Travel. Better to use wifi where possible.

Message 3 of 27

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Also you need to select the network manually as you may stray onto bordering countries that aren't covered by O2 Travel (Turkey).

So for 30 days cost will be £60.

Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. Where I'm going to, there's a lot of hassle getting a sim and particularly topping up again later. Though more expensive I like the idea and convenience of getting a sim in UK and being able to top up on-line. The 3 option, for instance, is great value, covers Europe, but oddly excludes Greece. I'm ust trying to figure out the total cost to me of this O2 Travel P&G Sim for one month only.
Message 5 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

To be fair if you are due to travel soon the hassle of getting your phone unlocked may not be an option. (plus the transfer of contacts etc

I travel frequently to Spain and am lucky enough to use wiFi wherever I go. My bill is rarely higher than when I am in the UK... The £1.99 per day is actually good value for money....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your response. I'm not sure you're correct. I'm pretty sure the Travel option provides for 50MB use abroad per day at £1.99 per day. I need to know if there are any other charges for having and using a P&G sim for one month only.
Message 7 of 27

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
50mb per day for PAYG but it is unlimited on contract, so you could consider a 30 day simplicity sim and cancel it when you return.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. My phone is already unlocked. I wont have any issues with Contacts. I will use WiFi where available, but just need this 3G bit for times when I am not near a WiFi signal.
Message 9 of 27

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 10 of 27