cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to replacement sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Few weeks ago I lost my phone. I went to o2 store for replacement sim card. They gave me and told me that I need to activate it by myself, so when I came back home I went online and asked one of o2 staff to activate it. He said it will be activited in next 4 or 6 hours. After 24 hours, I went online again, because it wasn't activated. They told me that I need to wait another 24 hours. After 4 days I went again online and they told me I need to wait 4 hours more and this time it will be activated. But gues what? It is not activated after few days.

So my question is how to transfer my number faster? I need my old number! 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of o2 staff told me that she blocked my old phone and number. If I go to o2 store they tell me to call customer service... But I will try my luck at o2 store today.

EDIT: I just contacted them again and finaly I got it sorted out! I think...  Reason why I was waiting so long is that there waas fault with replecement card and Monty (O2 staff) said that he is sending me replecement card with my number and the same balance before loosing phone. So wish me luck guys. If there will be errors again I will move to other carrier...

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Did you block your old SIM when you lost your phone? If so you will have to request that the block is lifted as your account will be locked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember when lady told me that she blocked sim card and my phone. So what to do now?

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23206 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Have you tried this?

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I said I lost my phone. It requires to have old number to get code for swaping numbers

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember when lady told me that she blocked sim card and my phone. So what to do now?

You need to ask CS to lift the block on your account. I'm surprised they didn't see this though when you inquired about the SIM swap
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted them. Told me to wait 24 hours...

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
LOL.... Sorry, but that's tickled me slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You seem to be waiting forever for this - sorry!

If they have just lifted the blocks, which is probably the case if it is over the phone and not webchat, then that means that your phone is on its way to working again.

And in reality, for lost/stolen bars, the 24 hours is more like 1 slight_smile

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still doesn't work... I thinking about new sim card with new number, but I can't use new number because I am using everywhere old one!

Message 10 of 14