cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to another network if still locked into contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently on a 12 month SIM only contract with O2, I have had the contract for 6 months so I'm half way through.

I'd like to get the new iPhone but I need unlimited internet this time which O2 don't do so that means changing to another network, but I must keep my current number. I already transferred the current phone number over to this contract from my old PAYG sim but that was O2 too so it's a slightly different matter to changing network.

So, being that I'm locked in for another 6 months, can I transfer my number to the new network? Would I have to pay off my contract to do so, or could I continue paying it monthly and just go back to the old number that originally came with the card, such that I could keep both contracts? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I understand that you would have to ask for the PAC to port out your number which will effectively end your contract. You would have to pay off the remainder of the minimum term.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any chance they can say "No, you'll have to wait until March 13" or can I demand that so long as I pay the contract off, I get to transfer the number over? 

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thankyou very much slight_smile 

Message 5 of 6

jonsie