cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number from Orange to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have joined O2 from orange on sunday using a PAC code from orange to transfer my number, What I would like to know is the temporary number sim they gave me which I am using until my own number is active, Do they over write the sim they gave me or will they send me a new sim?

Thanks

Sam

[Title changed for clarity]

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds promising......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 30

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
It will take time for My O2 to update your number and billing. Took 48 hours when I ported from EE.
Message 22 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Keep us posted @Anonymous! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let everybody know, The saga has ended!  Sorry , I turned on my computer this morning and after trying to login in to O2 to My O2 and being told that my password was wrong twice, I had to reset it and when I login again I knew the reason why my old number was finally ported over.

The only thing is being an newbie with the TU Go I think I have exceeded my registering options as I thought that I would get the code instantly , So when I didn't I kept trying any finally received it about an hour ago and now it's telling me that I have tried to many times and to try again in an hour time. Smiley Surprised

Thanks Everyone.

Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It might take a few days for Tugo to start working due to the number port - at least overnight if not a little longer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, what was funny about it was when I transfered over from orange it did take a couple of days for my temp number to be recognised , my original number which they ported over was excepted straight away least ways for registering hence thinking that I would get the code straight away.

Message 26 of 30

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If it was me, I'd wait until tomorrow before trying again.
Not all of o2's systems update at the same time.....

Currently using:
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I will, I did try tonight when I went out and it said that I had used up all my attempts today, funny enough I also received 2 more texts giving me the same code. slight_smile

Message 28 of 30

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 and @jonsie for all the help! You guys are Fantastic

And welcome to the community @Anonymous! 

We hope to see you around! Mexican Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 29 of 30

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Old nokias work too 😉
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 30 of 30