cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number from Orange to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have joined O2 from orange on sunday using a PAC code from orange to transfer my number, What I would like to know is the temporary number sim they gave me which I am using until my own number is active, Do they over write the sim they gave me or will they send me a new sim?

Thanks

Sam

[Title changed for clarity]

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your kind words, and yes I most certainly will.
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, after waiting until wednesday night and still not receiving my old number I phoned them up, Only to be told that there was no record or pac number , ( lucky I kept all the receipts) anyway long story short after promising that I would receive it by 6pm friday, Well no I didn't and after trying to get through to customer service and finally after 40 minutes somebody answered only to be told that the pac code which I gave when I change from Orange to O2 was correct, Sorry yes it was and after she asked me to repeat it that had made a mistake . they got the last number wrong and instead of a number put a letter in. My complaint is that they should have got intouch once the code was rejected, Surely. anyway given all the trouble I have had they said that I will get it 24 hours which is about 8pm tonight, when they change my temp number will it change in my O2 - MY O2 ?

Message 12 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes , your Myo2 will update first before the sim changes so this will be an indication that it has started.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my old number was not transfered again after numerous calls , live chats repeating the same old questions and false promises, who can I get in contact with to get my old number ported over and make a very strong complaint.

Somebody please end my suffering!

Message 14 of 30

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Complaints link here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Try the resolver option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I have held off for the moment just to see if it changes tonight, Although nothing has happened yet! does my number change before they update it in MY O2 ? I know that I have asked this before but given the lack of service I have recieved I was hoping that would be the case, I have of course saved the script from last night. what is the cut- off for me getting it tonight timewise? I know customer services shut on a week day at 9pm. So sorry for being a pain. to me this getting beyond a joke now.

Thanks

Message 16 of 30

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
When my number was transferred, MyO2 updated at the same time my old number switched off which then took about 4 hours for my number transfer to complete.
Migrations can start at anytime up to 9.00pm but they are nothing to do with CS opening times as they are done by computer once the request has been entered on the system.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was only using the CS as a reference , I know that they had nothing to do with porting my Number.

I was also enquiring if there was a limit timewise when they wouldn't  ( finished work)

I had to call 202 around 7.30 tonight and finally they told me that they have sent a  text to my old number which I wouldn't receive as once I told them my pac code I was unable to use the sim, anyway they can't do it tonight but tomorrow, so  at least I know now. which so more promising and official.

Thanks for all your help

Message 18 of 30

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Will keep fingers crossed for you then slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has finally happened this morning, I couldn't login under my previous password. so I had to reset it anyway I have my old number, The trouble is now that when I go to MY O2 it shows nothing ie all it shows is pay monthly and my old mobile number, Hopefully this will all be updated, if I check my bill it tells me something has gone wrong, also my TU-GO is not working it tells me that my new number is not being recognised. I remember you saying that you said that it took about four hours to be able to use your mobile?

Thanks

Looks like you crossing your fingers worked slight_smile

More info

Message 20 of 30