Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Transferring a number

I’ve just changed from EE to o2 and transferring my old number. I did my upgrade online and after that had been confirmed went and put in my pac code to transfer. This was two days ago today my new phone arrived. How do I know when it’s being transferred? At the moment I still have my two numbers and it’s confusing. I had no confirmation my form to transfer went through or not either, is this normal too?
Level 3: Thinker

Re: Transferring a number

@Sammielou The usual timeframe is 24-48 hours but unfortunately it's going to be delayed due to the C-19 situation at present. I don't have an exact timeframe but it appears people have been waiting days if not weeks for their requests to go through.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Topics: 768

@Sammielou 

PAC and Porting are running well behind due to the current crisis

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,309

One man and his dog in a shed working from home...

There will be a backlog but the porting team will get through the transfers asap.

Brilliant thank you both. I had a text message this morning to say it’s going ahead. I just want to check though I currently can make calls on my new phone and it comes up with the number which is transferring to the recipient. However if someone calls or texts me it goes through to my old phone (both the same number) is this normal? And I haven’t lost signal at any point on my old phone like everything I’ve read says it would. Sorry for the questions I’ve never done this before
Topics: 768

Good news @Sammielou 

Yes until your number transfers over, some things will come up on your old number. Keep rebooting your phone.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker

I have no signal on my old phone or new phone after doing a number port, does that mean it will happen today? I didn’t receive a text yesterday saying it will happen (even though that’s what the email says) but I did get a notification come up saying something like o2 has turned off 4g calls. I can’t currently receive or make any calls or texts on any phone atm. I have been rebooting it
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,209

@AC1231 

Yes, it sounds like it's started.

Keep rebooting every half hour or so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)

When do I need to change the number in iPhone settings before service resumes or after? I originally got a new phone on the 22nd but have had many issues porting which resulted in getting a another new contract and phone so I really don’t want this to go wrong again!
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,209

@AC1231 

After the transfer is complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)