Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number

Sammielou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve just changed from EE to o2 and transferring my old number. I did my upgrade online and after that had been confirmed went and put in my pac code to transfer. This was two days ago today my new phone arrived. How do I know when it’s being transferred? At the moment I still have my two numbers and it’s confusing. I had no confirmation my form to transfer went through or not either, is this normal too?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Sammielou The usual timeframe is 24-48 hours but unfortunately it's going to be delayed due to the C-19 situation at present. I don't have an exact timeframe but it appears people have been waiting days if not weeks for their requests to go through.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sammielou 

PAC and Porting are running well behind due to the current crisis

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

One man and his dog in a shed working from home...

There will be a backlog but the porting team will get through the transfers asap.

Message 4 of 13

Sammielou
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant thank you both. I had a text message this morning to say it’s going ahead. I just want to check though I currently can make calls on my new phone and it comes up with the number which is transferring to the recipient. However if someone calls or texts me it goes through to my old phone (both the same number) is this normal? And I haven’t lost signal at any point on my old phone like everything I’ve read says it would. Sorry for the questions I’ve never done this before
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @Sammielou 

Yes until your number transfers over, some things will come up on your old number. Keep rebooting your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

AC1231
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have no signal on my old phone or new phone after doing a number port, does that mean it will happen today? I didn’t receive a text yesterday saying it will happen (even though that’s what the email says) but I did get a notification come up saying something like o2 has turned off 4g calls. I can’t currently receive or make any calls or texts on any phone atm. I have been rebooting it
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AC1231 

Yes, it sounds like it's started.

Keep rebooting every half hour or so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

AC1231
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When do I need to change the number in iPhone settings before service resumes or after? I originally got a new phone on the 22nd but have had many issues porting which resulted in getting a another new contract and phone so I really don’t want this to go wrong again!
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AC1231 

After the transfer is complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13