cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a mobile no. from one o2 account to another o2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to transfer my mobile number (which is on o2) to a different contract (which is also on o2) and at the same time cancel the first contract. Does anyone know an easy way to do this as I've heard leaving o2 can be difficult.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Call CS and cancel the account you want the number from and ask them to switch it to the account you want to keep. If there is any contractual obligation left on the account you are closing they will send you a final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Call CS and cancel the account you want the number from and ask them to switch it to the account you want to keep. If there is any contractual obligation left on the account you are closing they will send you a final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can just as easily close the account and migrate the number to a P&G sim. You can then transfer it to your contract account.

Message 3 of 3