Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number From EE to O2 - No Change

JuwannaHelpme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently purchased a new O2 pay monthly sim from the online shop and wanted to port over my number from EE with it. I provided the PAC where requested in the buying process and placed the order on 21/11/19. My contract with EE ended the next day and I recieved the new O2 sim on Monday. My old number is still working with the EE network and the number that came with the O2 card is working for sending texts buy trying to call 202 is ringing for a few seconds and then going to a dial tone. I have looked through various other threads and have not got any solutions to work and the online help team seems to be busy all the time so can't get help there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Sounds as though the number port has not gone through.
You need to get in touch with customer services and get them to re-request the transfer.

See ways to contact on the below link:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Sounds as though the number port has not gone through.
You need to get in touch with customer services and get them to re-request the transfer.

See ways to contact on the below link:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122395 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @JuwannaHelpme 

O2 customer services seems very busy this morning. It appears no-one can get through! Any help here @Marjo @Martin-O2 ? Is there a problem with CS? This is the 4th person to say they can't get through?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Cleoriff@JuwannaHelpme I've been informed that there were a few issues with customer services this morning that has resulted in things being much busier then usual. 

If the issue cant be fixed here on the community I'd suggest holding off until tomorrow morning before to call again to give things a chance to calm down. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

JuwannaHelpme
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! I did manage to get someone looking into it via their Facebook page so hopefully they can help out. If not I will try calling in the morning.

Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds promising @JuwannaHelpme, please keep us updated! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122395 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7