cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred Existing Number But My Calls Are Barred

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and applied to transfer my existing number from Tesco to O2.  Apparantly the transfer of the number has gone through to my SIM but when I try any outgoing call it says that my calls are barred.  I can also not receive incoming calls or texts.  I have contacted O2 and they have said my number is not barred and apparantly are doing something about it.  But I still haven't heard anything.

Can anybody help?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I'd be inclined to go into an O2 store and request a SIM swap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

How long ago did you port the number, it can take up to 24 hours. It's possible something has gone wrong with the transfer so if possible you are better speaking to customer service to find out exactly what the problem is and a timescale for the fix.

Have you been rebooting the phone?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested the transfer on 4th January, was told it would be completed by 6pm on the 7th but it still hasn't happened.  I spoke to the O2 Chat Online, who informed me everything had gone through and my calls were not barred, but I'm guessing they didn't have any further answers on their script to help me so have passed it on to Technical Support.

I kept the phone off until 6pm on the 7th and since then have been continusously rebooting the phone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Was it a new O2 phone bought from O2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I'd be inclined to go into an O2 store and request a SIM swap.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6