Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Transfering PAYG Credit to Contract bill possible?

Hi everyone,

I am getting a contract phone tomorrow and completly forgot I had about £30 credit on my payg phone. I just would like to know if anyone here knows if o2 can transfer my payg money onto my contract bill?

Thanks!
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

You won't lose your credit as it will be incorporated into your account and will be deducted from your bills. Your first bill will be a few days after your account has been opened and will be due for payment 14 days after that date.
Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy!
Highlighted

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Steve

I have just got an O2 contract and have looked at my bill online, but it does not incorporate any credit on my O2 PAYG mobile. How would they make the link as it is a different phone/sim?

Kind Regards
Abigail
Highlighted

If you're not transferring your number then call CS and tell them you want to cancel the sim card with the credit and ask them to incorporate the credit with your contract. I presumed you were porting your number in which case they would know it had credit on the account.
Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh is it possible to use my old PAYG number with my new contract SIM? How would I do that? Is it free? Would I lose my 500 free texts on that PAYG sim (the credit comes from topping up £15 a month to get 500 free texts).

Thanks!
Highlighted

Hi Abigail
Yes its easy to keep your original number. There are some links below with more information. You keep the tariff you are on - nothing changes except you keep your old number. It costs nothing and will be done in under 48 hours. You can call customer service or do it on the on-line form below. If there's anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Transfer Number to O2
On Line Form

Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 34
Kudos: 55
Solutions: 3

Re: Transfering PAYG Credit to Contract bill possible?

Sooooooooo...

I have a contract and I just got a Lumia 635 PAYG and i was given £10 sim card to go with it. I have no intention to use this so can i transfer the £10 credit from the PAYG sim to my contract SIM?

OnePlus 3 (7.0)

Macbook Pro Retina
Apple TV 3rd Gen
iPad Air
PS4, PS3, PSVita (liam-ward)
Many more little gadgets and toys

Nokia Lumia 635 Review
Xperia Ultra Z Review
iPhone 6 Plus from Lumia 1520 compariview
Highlighted
Topics: 751

Re: Transfering PAYG Credit to Contract bill possible?

Not sure about transferring money from a free sim @L_W_Ward . I know when I took out a new contract from being PAYG ..O2 did transfer my balance from my PAYG account to my new contract?

Perhaps a call to CS is the way to go....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker