Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Transfering O2 PAYG num to Contract?

Hello, please could some one help do i need to activate the contract sim before i can transfer PAYG Number to contract sim? Thanks.
Anonymous

yes, think so.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,930

I would activate the contract sim to be on the safe side. That way you can tell when the number has been disconnected and reprovisioned with your P&G number.
Anonymous

Could some one help now that i have the number transfered my allowances are not showing up in my o2 also texting dident work for quite a few hours after which they said would happen

"Please remember that it may take up to 48 hours after your transfer has been completed for your GPRS WAP and MMS services to work."

but now that it has come back when i send a text to 21202 a txt comes back saying "O2 We`re sorry this service is unavailable on your account. Please contact O2 Customer Service."

Can some one tell me do i need to wait a bit longer? i can still call and text and receive them fine tho just a bit concerned its going to cost rather than coming out of my allowance now. Thanks in advanced.
Anonymous

Any ideas? :robotsad:
Anonymous

if youve taken a contract then the contract sim will already be active as it is activated when the contract is taken out on the system so youll just need to call customer services and they will do the rest