Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone to son

chilluk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I want to transfer a phone that is in my name to my son. In fact he already now pays for it, but I want the contract to be in his name also.

I understand that he needs to have a contract in place to do so? So do we just need to choose a Sim only plan, sign him up for that, and then do a transfer? Will that mean he has to pay twice for a month? What do we do with the old contract - cancel or is there an official transfer process? He wants to keep the existing number of course.

Would just be grateful for some step by step guidance so we don't end up cutting him off, or with two contracts!

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Once the new service is activated you will need to migrate the old number across.

As it's two different people's contract you will both have to be on to O2 together.

Once the number is migrated then the old account will close.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Once the new service is activated you will need to migrate the old number across.

As it's two different people's contract you will both have to be on to O2 together.

Once the number is migrated then the old account will close.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23923 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@chilluk Be aware that your son will need to pass a credit check to get a contract in his own name. Doesn't matter if he's already paying for it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3