Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer old number

curlyboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, I’ve just ordered a new o2 sim and asked to transfer my old number but I’ve now changed my mind and want to use the original number of the sim
Thanks
curly
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

curlyboy
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi guys, thanks for your replies, update is, I finally got to talk with the assistant, but the method sucks, surely an organisation the size of o2 would have live chat🙄🙄🙄 anyway he/ she says they will stop the transfer of my old number, but I’ve not had any other confirmation of this. Can’t yet see if this is the case as I’m waiting for my new iPhone 12 pro max in order to try the o2sim. Hopefully it will use the number on the sim🤞🤞🤞. I’ll keep you updated if it’s the case
Cheers curly

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

curlyboy
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I forgot to add that the original number is showing on MyO2 but I have just received an email where it clearly states my number as the one I had asked to transfer, tried to get some help from O2 help assistant but doesn’t seem to understand my request?
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@curlyboy 

Just continue to use your old sim, or

Give O2 a call Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @curlyboy welcome to our community. slight_smile It would be great to hear back from you to hear how you're getting on with this and if you have any additional questions the community could help with?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions

@curlyboy 

There's a good chance your number won't transfer unless you chase it up, so check when the sim arrives to see what number is on it Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

If it has transferred your old number, you'll just need to call O2 to get a new number, which is free to do anyway Guide: How to change your mobile number 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

curlyboy
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi guys, thanks for your replies, update is, I finally got to talk with the assistant, but the method sucks, surely an organisation the size of o2 would have live chat🙄🙄🙄 anyway he/ she says they will stop the transfer of my old number, but I’ve not had any other confirmation of this. Can’t yet see if this is the case as I’m waiting for my new iPhone 12 pro max in order to try the o2sim. Hopefully it will use the number on the sim🤞🤞🤞. I’ll keep you updated if it’s the case
Cheers curly
Message 6 of 8

curlyboy
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi guys, just another update, despite being assured by a tech guru 🙄 that the port in would be cancelled, well, it wasn’t and my number was changed!! After spending an awful long time yesterday I finally got to speak to a human being👏👏👏 and I have now got the o2 number that came with the sim, however, I have lost the other Tesco number that I had planned to keep as a spare phone along with the credit with that number, a bit annoying but he ho! Another phone call this time to Tesco who say they can reinstate their number for me, but not the credit, however I’ll need a PAC. code from o2, well after this fiasco I’m reluctant to do this so instead I’ve ordered another PAYG sim from Tesco. All being well the problem may well be sorted, but definitely not over impressed with o2 so far. I seem to remember having problems before so hence the change to Tesco many years ago, at least it’s very easy to actually speak to someone
curly
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the update @curlyboy , glad you're sorted but sorry to hear you've had some frustrations along the way. Happy to pass on your comments and feedback over to the business.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly from now on! fingers_crossed If you need any further help/advice do pop back in anytime. 

Message 8 of 8