Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of old number

Pugwash666
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I ordered a sim last week and gave my PAC number online, my old number hasn't been transferred yet.  How do I know that it's actually happening and how long does it take?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pugwash666
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @LukasB sorted now but no thanks to the O2 website, app or phone lines ☹️ I eventually had to go to an O2 shop (which is what I was trying to avoid!) where it was sorted on the phone. Apparently I had done nothing wrong but the transfer just didn't happen for whatever reason "they were probably very busy " I had to leave my phone switched off all day today  till 6pm but all fine now 🤞

Big shout out for the young lady in the Fareham shop who was brilliant and certainly knew her stuff!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Pugwash666
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Bambino but I've tried the help option and that informs me that the transfer takes one day in my case but it still hasn't happened after two days! Can I speak to someone using my phone to make sure this is happening?

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Pugwash666 The customer service numbers to call are in the link above. It's difficult to get through, so you'll just have to keep on trying. That's all we can advise from here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Pugwash666 has this been sorted out or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Pugwash666
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @LukasB sorted now but no thanks to the O2 website, app or phone lines ☹️ I eventually had to go to an O2 shop (which is what I was trying to avoid!) where it was sorted on the phone. Apparently I had done nothing wrong but the transfer just didn't happen for whatever reason "they were probably very busy " I had to leave my phone switched off all day today  till 6pm but all fine now 🤞

Big shout out for the young lady in the Fareham shop who was brilliant and certainly knew her stuff!

Message 6 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Pugwash666 that is good news. Pleased it is sorted now!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7