Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of number

Tazzy666uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an existing end of contract O2 phone and have recently bought a new phone with a new O2 contract. I have requested that my 'existing' number is transferred to my new phone as i wish to keep it.  The guy on the phone was a bit vague as to how long it would take, does anyone know? 

re vague -

I asked how much the end of account bill would be as I am obviously closing the 'exisitng' account that is at the end of contract... i just got told "you will get the information"

I asked how long the transfer takes... I got told "it's being processed"

He was totally not interested 😞

TIA

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Tazzy666uk 

It normally takes 24-48 hrs to transfer over but systems are on a go slow due to the crisis.

Im afraid you need to keep on to customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Tazzy666uk 

It normally takes 24-48 hrs to transfer over but systems are on a go slow due to the crisis.

Im afraid you need to keep on to customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Tazzy666uk
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank You... happy to wait as it is not urgent. I will chase them in a few days if not done.  Appreciate the quick response

Tazzy

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Best of luck @Tazzy666uk  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4