cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to help my Son upgrade his phone.  Because he cannot get through the 2 stages of a credit check from Carphone Warehouse (something to do with the wrong date of birth on his credit account) I somehow got involved and ended up having my son upgrade to a Samsung 7 on my existing O2 account, but this time he has a contract for 2 years (O2) and kept the same number.  With my name being on the contract for 24 months and the monthly payments being taken out of his account.  I dont like nor am happy being responsible for this.  Is there anyway I can transfer the ownership over to him please? What do I need to do? Can you help?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@AnonymousNothing really you can do about this now if the contract is in your name. If you cancel the contract and your son has failed credit checks previously then he wont get a contract phone. Maybe give him a year to ensure he pays his bill on time and then see if he would be eligible for a contract then. Otherwise a PAYG phone might be the only way to go for him..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@AnonymousNothing really you can do about this now if the contract is in your name. If you cancel the contract and your son has failed credit checks previously then he wont get a contract phone. Maybe give him a year to ensure he pays his bill on time and then see if he would be eligible for a contract then. Otherwise a PAYG phone might be the only way to go for him..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
The only way to change this is to cancel the account by paying the full term up front.
You must have known what you were doing when you signed the contracts?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have PTSD and other Mental Health issues...I was rushed by the Sales Man without realising the consequences

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@O2-Customer wrote:

I have PTSD and other Mental Health issues...I was rushed by the Sales Man without realising the consequences

I feel for you @Anonymous but sadly this is the situation now. If you cancel the contract you will be responsible for the payment in full. If you trust your son to pay monthly then it should be ok. Unfortunately if he defaults...the debt will be yours

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@O2-Customer wrote:

You need to speak to customer services to discuss your options http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If within 14 days you can cancel without penalty but you must discuss it with O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..It was worth asking but I somehow knew what the answer would be...Thank you for your advice anyway.

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Not sure if the contract is with O2 via CPW though? If so, CPW dont offer a 14 day cooling off period?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
They do on new contracts.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Lets hope it's within the 14 days then....(although the op said it was an upgrade)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19