cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to help my Son upgrade his phone.  Because he cannot get through the 2 stages of a credit check from Carphone Warehouse (something to do with the wrong date of birth on his credit account) I somehow got involved and ended up having my son upgrade to a Samsung 7 on my existing O2 account, but this time he has a contract for 2 years (O2) and kept the same number.  With my name being on the contract for 24 months and the monthly payments being taken out of his account.  I dont like nor am happy being responsible for this.  Is there anyway I can transfer the ownership over to him please? What do I need to do? Can you help?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Upgrade was refused and op took a "new" contract added to their account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Okey dokey....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Splendid 😛
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

As it sounds like you're stuck with the contract in your name, at least until your Son is able to afford to pay off the device plan* to be able to TOO the number to a contract of his own (thinking Sim Only to get around the credit check issue), it may be worth you changing the Direct Debit so that it's taken from your own account - that way you're in control and can be sure the bill is paid, avoiding any impact to your credit file or relationship with O2. Obviously you'd have to make arrangements for him to pay the money to you though.

*That's assuming a Refresh contract, as I wasn't certain whether you'd been with him in CPW and therefore have taken a standard contract, or had gone direct to O2 to take an additional contract on your own account in which case it would be Refresh. If it's standard, and outside of any cooling off period offered by the retailer, I'm afraid it's in your name for the 24 months - so even more worth while making certain the payments will be made, as suggested above. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should of stuck with O2 and not gone to CarWareHous. Lesson learnt...And I take it that I cant delete my message on here now I have sorted it out?

Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousReally pleased you have sorted things out. Also there is absolutely no reason for deleting any post. If someone new learns anything from your experience then that's good..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I didnt think of that....Thanks

Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote: