Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number to new second phone

Artio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new phone that I want to use as my main phone but still keep my current O2 contract phone.

Is it possible to move my current mobile number to my new phone (not on O2 network) and get a new number for my existing O2 contract phone?

As I said, I do not want to cancel my current O2 contract.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Artio unfortunately no, you cannot do that. As soon as you port your number the original contract will be cancelled and your final bill, including any termination fees, will be generated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Artio unfortunately no, you cannot do that. As soon as you port your number the original contract will be cancelled and your final bill, including any termination fees, will be generated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Artio, the above info should explain things but please let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Cheers @MI5 for the advice. slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
What you could do is get both phones unlocked (if they are not already) and just swap the sims around @Artio?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Artio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is an option and thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately/fortunately the new phone is on a better netwrok than O2

Message 5 of 5