Did you mean: 

Transfer number and balance

adamstanden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks 😀

I currently have an O2 PAYG sim with Big Bundle auto top ups. I would like to transfer the remaining balance to another SIM for my daughter to use up and transfer my number to a different SIM from another provider (GiffGaff). Which do I do first?

Many thanks

Adam

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You'd be best advised to use the credit up yourself before transferring your number as your sim will be disconnected when you port your number to giffgaff.

Even if you transfer to another o2 sim your original sim will be disconnected too. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You'd be best advised to use the credit up yourself before transferring your number as your sim will be disconnected when you port your number to giffgaff.

Even if you transfer to another o2 sim your original sim will be disconnected too. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What you are wanting to do isn't possible I'm afraid. You can transfer the number and allowance/credit  to another sim but you can't transfer allowance and number to different sims. They are a matched item and cannot be split. 

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How much credit are we taking about??
Effectively you can just get a new PAYG sim for daughter and set up auto top up on that which will give you the result you want without the credit transfer.
You can then port your number to gg but the credit will be lost.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

adamstanden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, I've had a month of really poor customer service from O2 and want to leave for another provider (GiffGaff). I have nearly £20 of credit and wanted to transfer it to my daughters O2 PAYG sim rather than waste it. 

As as it seems I can't do this and port my number I might have to change my number 😳

Thanks anyway

Adam

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your gg sim will come with a new number anyway so you can just use that as soon as you activate it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7