Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Transfer my account to another person

Does anyone know if i can transfer my account to someone else? when i say someone else its actually my son, he was too young to take out his own contract so i put it in my name for him but now he's old enough he would like it to be transferred over to him. It's a £20 a month, 30 day, sim only contract.
Anonymous

nope but you could change the billing details into his name?
Anonymous

I think this is something that you'd need to ring o2 about.

I don't think you can change the account owner, but you should be able to (with the agreement of o2) give your 30 days notice, so yopur account closes and the number gets released and then for your son to take out his contract and get that number transferred to his own account.

That, I believe, is the only way of keeping the number and having his own account.

Happy to be corrected though Smiley Happy

SV
Anonymous

I think this is something that you'd need to ring o2 about.
I don't think you can change the account owner, but you should be able to (with the agreement of o2) give your 30 days notice, so yopur account closes and the number gets released and then for your son to take out his contract and get that number transferred to his own account.
That, I believe, is the only way of keeping the number and having his own account.
Happy to be corrected though Smiley Happy
SV

Nope no need to, you're competely correct, of course asking for the PAC just to add that to SV's post.
Anonymous

getting the PAC....would i have to swap out to another provider for him to swap back in to O2 or can he use an O2 PAC to become an O2 customer?
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299

No,you don't need to port out to another network, the o2 PAC is the one you need Smiley Happy