cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from o2 contract to sim only o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am at the end of my 24 month o2 contract and for ease would rather stay with o2 and go to a sim only deal. As an existing customer are there any better deals than on the website ? GiffGaff use the o2 network im told so if o2 can get near to their prices i want to stay. What is the best way of going about this ?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Call cs on 202 and choose the "thinking of leaving" option.
They will offer you a £4 a month (approx) discount for 12 month sim only deals, but, it still won't be as cheap as giffgaff.
There are trade off's with gg though like data speeds and reduced bandwith, so if you want best performance, stick with o2, even if it's £2 a month more expensive.
You can also get better data allowances on o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Call cs on 202 and choose the "thinking of leaving" option.
They will offer you a £4 a month (approx) discount for 12 month sim only deals, but, it still won't be as cheap as giffgaff.
There are trade off's with gg though like data speeds and reduced bandwith, so if you want best performance, stick with o2, even if it's £2 a month more expensive.
You can also get better data allowances on o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome i can live with that. Thanks
Message 3 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Definitely concure about giffgaffs Data, it's an ongoing issue. Just check out their contribute board on the community, there's loads of stuff about it on there.

If however it's calls and texts you're after then you might be better off by a couple of quid with giffgaff but personally I think O2 are worth paying that bit more for.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Awesome i can live with that. Thanks

No worries mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5