Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer an account to someone else

Topcat1967
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to transfer my account over to my son. There is no outstanding payment for phone

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146424 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@Topcat1967 

Your son needs to apply for a new contract in his name and pass the credit checks.

You can then migrate the number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146424 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@Topcat1967 

Your son needs to apply for a new contract in his name and pass the credit checks.

You can then migrate the number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23439 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3740 Solutions

@Topcat1967 Your son will have to pass a credit check and take out an account in his own name in order for you to transfer the account. See this: Transfer of ownership | Account and billing | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12259 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1141 Solutions

If you want the name on the account to be your son's, then there is no easy way to do this @Topcat1967 .

He will need to open an account in his name, passing all the relevant credit and affordability checks.

Once he has a new number, you will both need to be present on a call to o2 customer services - him to request the number and you to allow it to move.

If you just want the bill to come from his account, then you can change the bank details for the payment.

Log into your account and look for a menu called "manage cards for payment" and follow the screens.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4