Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Number

thegodplato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a contract with O2 that is now in the final month of the 2 year deal.  Have done a new deal through a 3rd party for a new phone but still using O2.  Have done the sime swap which should have cancelled the original contract and transfered the original number to the new contract so my daughter can keep her number.  This was over a week ago and it still has not gone through.  I cannot get to speak to anyone at O2 as its not an emergency.  Have even written to customer complaints but not had anything back.  I appreciate it is difficult times but at the end of the day I do not want to be paying for 2 contracts!  Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
You need to speak to customer services to request the number moving over.
But as you rightly say, they are really busy and the system dealing with moving numbers is behind due to staff shortages and number of requests.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

thegodplato
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't speak to anyone.  They are only accepting calls if I am struggling to pay my bill, have had the phone lost or stolen.  The call gets automatically ended so I guess the only option I have is to write to them.  Oh well.

Message 3 of 3