Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in/upgrade question

Jadeliza99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have iPhone 5s with 10 months to go on contract, so £220 to pay off to do early upgrade. I saw on here that I can sell same mobile to O2 for £184. My question is can I sell them the phone, then use that money to pay off phone, and then get a new iphone6. My old eyes need a bigger phone lol
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can have the money gained from recycling applied to your account and then use the credit on your account to contribute towards the overall cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copied from https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/faqs.aspx 

We can pay you by either cheque, bank transfer, Amazon gift card or bill credit (bill credit only applicable to O2 customers). Whichever you choose, as soon as we receive and process your order you'll get paid within 5 working days. Bill credit customers will have their account credited to the next monthly bill. Please note: if your bill is printed within 3 days of your payment confirmation, the credit will appear in the following months bill. Bill credit will be applied as Airtime Credit for O2 Refresh customers.

Please note: Bill credit will be applied as Airtime Credit for O2 Refresh customers.

I don't know why they cannot PartEx them instore?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know why they cannot PartEx them instore?

Me neither - It would be easier.....

I think you can in CPW though....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
They can do instant funds in store, they told me so when I traded in the z2 for money towards z3.
I told him I had just been to game and traded in so I could upgrade today and he said " oh we do do that, if it's towards an upgrade we can apply the funds immediately towards paying off early upgrade fees. "
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It would make it easier especially with readily available prices on the recycle website.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That's good to know......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Now all they gotta do is get even close to the competition in values.
Message 8 of 8