cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a phone you've ordered

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ordered a new phone from O2, paid for it outright. It was meant to arrive on Monday originally (paid premium for it), didn't. Then they told me Tuesday....which it didn't. And it didn't come yesterday either. Upon contacting customer services they checked and said that UK Mail had picked up my phone but they had no info on it from there. Now the ridiculous thing is that they never provided me with a tracking number and the helpline didn't have it on hand either. They did say they would contact some other customer services team to try and find my tracking number but so far I have not heard from them. I find this unbelievable that they'd send of a £500 phone without getting a tracking number for it that they could give me. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Right now I'm down 500 pounds and without a new phone to show for it.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

My adventures with customer service continue. 

The person who dealt with my complaint about the shipping fee refund has now started following this mysery delivery (or lack thereof). He said he had called UK Mail but had been unable to get through to the right person. 

He suggested I contact UK Mail directly but all the info he gave me for tracking my order was stuff I had tried before and hadn't worked (basically if UK Mail doesn't have the tracking number they can't track it and simply using my name and post code brings up nothing in their systems). From talking to O2, I am left with the impression that UK Mail has my package but there is difficulty in tracking it down. I'd say that's an internal control/process failure that they send out a high value delivery without a way of tracking it. 

Anyway this customer service rep is finishing for today but he's calling UK Mail again tomorrow and then said he'll update me. If I don't have a satisfactory answer by then, I'll just ask them to send a replacement phone as the issue is between UK Mail and them, not me. How (if at all) they manage to recover the first phone from UK Mail is not my concern. 

Message 31 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No the problem is between UK Mail and O2 so insist a new phone is sent out under the original terms.

Message 32 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Status update. 

Time: Delivery Day + 8

SITREP:

Called customer services for the n-th time, they called UK Mail on my behalf and my parcel has been located. They said delivery had been attempted on the 6th of June (though strangely enough not yesterday which would have been a working day) but the driver had reported that there was a barrier preventing him from getting to my house. 

I call BS on that because there is absolutely nothing like that near my house. You can drive straight from the main roads to my front door (in an apartment complex) with absolutely nothing in between. As the O2 guy re-confirmed that the address was correct, then I was very perplexed as to where this guy was driving to. Is he sat-nav illiterate?

They're attempting delivery again tonight. In any case I asked O2 to pass on to UK Mail instructions with a description of where I live and that it's ok to leave the package with the concierge in case they can't get to me (which is what every single other courier company does, not sure how UK Mail is so incompetent). 

If they can't get it to me by tonight I'll see if I can get it delivered to my office. Hopefully they can't miss a big building on Canary Wharf. 

Message 33 of 38

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good god it doesn't get any better! Not steering a boat down the Thames is he?

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Message 34 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has arrived! Finally after all this time it has arrived!

Overall I'd say O2 customer service was somewhat helfpul but could have been better but it was UK Mail who I'd say was incompetent on an epic scale. 

O2

I called the customer service line over and over again and they just weren't that good at getting the info on my parcel. Often times they said they'd call me back after investigating the matter but never did. Hence leading me to call yet again. Other than that I'd say their customer service was alright. 

UK Mail:

An epic failure of a delivery firm. Via O2 I heard that their driver had failed to deliver my parcel because there was some kind of obstruction or barrier on the way to my house....except there is absolutely nothing like that where I live. I have no idea where this Sat Nav illiterate driver ended up. 

Furthermore: when I got my package it had my address, my phone number, the delivery date (original) all clearly labelled on there. Not only that but it also had my O2 reference number written right on it, yet when I called them up directly they said they can't track the parcel using that. That just makes no sense. 

Message 35 of 38

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Bizarre!
but glad you've got it - eventually slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousDelighted you have got it but by god it has taken some time. Ordered on the 30th for next day delivery and arrives 10 days later?!!

I have lost track of the phone you ordered, but am hoping that after all this time you are enjoying it. Well done for your perseverance wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 38

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great that you eventually got it with all that information on there its inexcusable. If you are going to come up with an excuse then at least make it believable! Hope you now enjoy the phone with no further problems.

Message 38 of 38