cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping Up Difficulty: What happened ot my ten pounds?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had only 2 pence left on my phone so I topped up a Tesco. It was the first time I topped up since I bought my Samsung phone not long ago. I then topped up and I got a text back saying that I have 10 pounds and 2 pence.

I then made one call later that night, but the call ended halfway through, with a message that I didn't have enough credit as I only had 2 pence. What happened to the 10 pounds I put on the phone earlier that day? I cannot call customer service because I only have 2 pence on my phone and it costs more than that to call customer service.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What PAYG package are you on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know if I have a bolt on or Simplicity tariff. How do I find out, thanks? How does it affect the top up credit?

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Log into My O2  and check what tariff you are on. It sounds as though you are paying for a bolt on for either texts or data.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I logged into my account of this site, the site said I had no bolt on. All it said for my tariff was: Free UK texts to standard UK mobiles and 500MB Internet in UK. So, how can I get the 10 pounds worth of calls that I already paid for? I already sent the voucher number in and got a text confirming I had ten pounds, but the money seems to have vanished as soon as I tried to make a call?

Message 6 of 6