cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped Up, but didn't receive allowance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am on O2 Pay & Go Go Go and I topped up £10 on Monday. It is now Wednesday and I still cannot access the 1000 texts, 150 minutes and 200MB I was promised in the text that I received shortly after topping my phone up. I have also been given an extra 150MB of data on top of that but I still haven't received any of this! I have spoke to several O2 Gurus and found that they hadn't helped in the way I was hoping. As you can imagine, I am very annoyed that I topped up and received nothing DESPITE the fact O2 had told me I received it and that the £10 I topped up was deducted. Does anyone know why I can't access my allowance or how I can use it? Many Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best bet is to speak to customer service rather than the dubiously named Gurus. Customer service will resolve any issues and recredit any incorrect charges.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best bet is to speak to customer service rather than the dubiously named Gurus. Customer service will resolve any issues and recredit any incorrect charges.

Message 2 of 7

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Is this a new sim card? If so you may need to register and set up the plan

If a currently used sim. Defo call cs to get it looked into. Can u log into... MYO2
As it should (?) Show up the credit

Have u tried re entering the voucher code? From memory ur told the voucher has been added and what ur balance should be and when it runs out. So if u didnt get that... try redoing code

Alt.... remove ur battery whilst the handset it on
Remove the sim... give it a quick wipe

WAIT 30SECS then put back n turn on. Then try balance again

Hope this helps
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The same thing has happened to me. and after being passed to three different people, who supposedly could help me with my problem, I still havent got anywhere. I ran out of creditsover the Chrisymas period and topped up my rolling account by £30.00 but didnt get any allowances and after ringing o2. i was told they couldnt be put back on until 17th Jan but if I changed my tarriff to £13.30 per month, it would go on immediatly. so this I did, on the 8th Jan. up til now the credithas not been added to my phone and to top it all just got a text to sayI was running out of credit and to top up againby£13.30 to receive my allowances on the 17th Jan WHAT IS GOING ON. All I want now is to have my money put back into my bank and I will go to another provider. Thanks o2!! I f thats how you treat loyal customers, then I dont want to know.
Message 4 of 7

Dempsey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

iv topped up omn wednesday and didnt receive my credit its sunday now and no one about to sort it out 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dempsey 

This is a customer forum so we can’t help, sorry. 

You’ll have to persevere with customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions