cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top-up an O2 sim card without a UK billing address

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Some months ago, while on a trip around the UK, I purchased an O2 sim card with a Pay and Go profile. I live in Italy, but I’d like to keep the sim active in order to receive calls from the UK. I’ve tried to top it up via the web top-up option, but I’m asked for a UK billing address for my credit card (which was issued in Italy) and that is preventing me from pulling off the operation. What can I do?

Thank you very much

Nick

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You do need to use a UK registered card.

Can someone over in the UK top up for you to keep it live.

You need to top up every 999 days and make a call every 6 months.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You do need to use a UK registered card.

Can someone over in the UK top up for you to keep it live.

You need to top up every 999 days and make a call every 6 months.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Can a family member possibly top it up for you?
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Actually...if the phone is still live... another option is to get someone in the UK to buy you a top up voucher and email you the code. ....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If a person gives the mobile number to an O2 employee in an o2 high street shop the top up uploads directly too.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need a UK contact person to help you otherwise it isn't possible.
It's the same for anyone in the UK wanting a sim from any other EU country which you would think should be easy these days ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Don't be tempted by the vouchers available on ebay, most are a scam. As stated, it has to be topped up with a UK card or voucher. There is no way round it but in this day and age you would have thought O2 would allow a non UK card...

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, like they said , unless u know somebody in the UK that can do it for you there's no way around it....

Can I top-up while i'm abroad?

Whenever you go abroad it's a good idea to top-up your mobile before you leave.

If you need to top-up from overseas you have a number of easy options:

• You can take an O2 voucher with you
  • Use your credit/debit card
  • Top-up online through our website
  • Using the O2 Wallet App

We suggest using your credit/debit card as this is the most user friendly way of topping up whilst abroad - simply call the O2 Top-Up line.

Calling the O2 Top-Up line

If you're in a direct dial country, call the O2 Top-Up line FREE by dialing 4444 or by using Hotkey 3 or on your Pay & Go mobile. Alternatively, dial +441753 552277 from any phone.

If you want to top-up from a country that doesn't allow direct dial please enter *111*# then press the call button. Your mobile phone will go on standby for a few seconds before it rings.

Answer the call and simply follow the voice prompts to access the Top-Up line by dialling 4444# and then proceed through the top-up service as you would in the UK.

Message 8 of 8