cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up over the phone and website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

For some reason my mobile won't top up anymore over the phone or on the website.

i have never had any problems before.

Ive been dialling 4444.

There is definatly money in my bank account and it's the right credit card linked to phone number.

I even went in o2 shop and asked and they didn't no.

Hopefully someone can advise as I don't live near shops or cash points to top up.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You may need to ring customer services on 4445 to ask why you are suddenly unable to top up using your card. In the meantime there are various other ways of topping up listed in this guide. Scroll down to PAYG https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/1014090

I hope you get sorted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You may need to ring customer services on 4445 to ask why you are suddenly unable to top up using your card. In the meantime there are various other ways of topping up listed in this guide. Scroll down to PAYG https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/1014090

I hope you get sorted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your card details are still correct and that you haven’t the need to update due to a new or replacement card etc.
Also check it hasn’t expired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not top up via a voucher
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG … So I posted this on the o2 Community page and all the suggestions I've got are what I've already friggen tried…Do they not read what I've written ?

(Q)For some reason my mobile won't top up anymore over the phone or on the website.
*I have never had any problems before.

*Ive been dialling 4444 and 4445 and when you phone its automated and doesn't put you through to a human.
*The other numbers charge and I haven't got the credit.
*There is definatly money in my bank account and it's the right credit card linked to phone number.
*I have called Bank and they said card is fine.
*I even went in o2 shop and asked and they didn't know.
*I've tried 2 different credit cards and won't work.
*When you go on live chat to chat to a Guru it won't let you type in question.
*When you log into o2 account it doesn't give you option to link, unlink or relink credit card.
*I've added o2 app and this doesn't help.
***Yes I realise I can go get voucher or top up at an ATM which I will do but the whole point is I want to be able to do it over the phone or online
😱💩📱

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We try our best, but as we are only mere customers there's no magic wand we can wave to fix your issues.
Customer services or your bank are the only ones who can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous

Firstly.. 4445 isn't automated. It's customer services for PAYG....

Secondly 'Trying 2 different cards' wont work unless you register them (via 4444)

Thirdly... the information in my Ways to pay guidelines are up to date and give various options.

So, to repeat. if these options aren't working for you then you have to ring customer services and check why the system wont accept your card

Finally, we are a group of customers like yourself. We have no access to your account and have given you every option available.

I hope you get this sorted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Are you still having issues topping up? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8