Did you mean: 

Took out a refresh contract 6 days ago, changed my mind on handset

Itsalive1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Evening all.

Had an o2 contract via Carphone warehouse, it still had a little while to run but wanted a new handset so decided to pay it off early, total £372.

I went into o2 retail store on Saturday spoke to one of the assistants, explained I wanted to pay off the remaining balance and upgrade. Not a problem she took the money cleared my current contract via speed to refresh and then I decided on a new refresh contract and an iPhone XR.

Roll forward 6 days and whilst I like the handset I prefer the android platform I switched from.

Went back in to my local store and explained i had changed my mind on the handset and I wanted to switch to a different device.

At this point I’m told I can’t do that cause I did a “speed to refresh” and that they can’t help me any further.

Does anyone on here have any experience of this? Do I have any cooling off periods, if I have to cancel the contract totally then I’m happy to, if I’m honest I’m really disappointed with the experience.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Itsalive1978
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone for the advise, back to the o2 store I go
Message 11 of 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello there @Itsalive1978 

Great go with confidence! Let us all know how it goes ~ best of luck 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 19

Itsalive1978
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Went to a different shop, the O2 store in Portsmouth city centre, the guys there were great, really knew their stuff sorted out the exchange in no time at all.

Perhaps the guys in my local Swindon store should pop there for some reeducation 🤣
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to see it’s resolved for you
Message 14 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks for confirming wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
...and some common sense!
Glad to hear you got the result you wanted and should have had in the first place @Itsalive1978!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

....and yes, the people in the Swindon store DO need some re-education/training @Itsalive1978  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is that something that we can feedback on @EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience in-store when returning your handset @Itsalive1978. I'll arrange for your feedback to be passed on. I'll need a couple of details to do this so I'll send you a quick message. slight_smile 

Thanks for the tag on this one @gmarkj!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 19