cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too late to negotiate (or cancel?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a lot of topics about loyalty and negotaitions etc and yes, this is yet another!

I have just changed my 10 year old Simplicity contract (the one with unlimited data) because my phine kippered and I canot afford to buy outright, so I took out a refresh contract with FAR less data but the minutes/texts were the same and got a new device... Still costs MORE than my old one, but i'm waitin g on O2open to kick in...

That was 7 days ago.

However, I ork for BT (name-dropping here, tut tut) and since the merger with, dare I say it, EE, I have just discovered a frankly UNBEATABLE deal for the contract I have just upgraded to, but with more data allowance for a stupidly tiny price. But no device.

Can I:

A) change back to Simplicity for the unlimited data (I realise my usage ran into the Gigs per month)?

B) negotiate a price on the new contract?

C) get any sort of loyalty award? or

D) cancel (sending my phone back, probably).

Not that i want to, but the deal is pretty phenomenal.

Regards.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You haven't been on unlimited data for quite a while now,
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

so I would say:

a) No to the unlimited data, but you should be able to find a good tariff with enough data for your needs ( also unlimited has been caped for existing customers, including u until now , so my guess is that you are not a heavy user or u would have noticed)

b)not with the existing "setup". You have to return the phone and then when ur back on a 30 days simplicity then you can negotiate.

c)Why not?

d)Yes you can , you have 14 days

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
But you will still need a phone from somewhere?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you get good coverage from EE/BT and the deal is as unbeatable as you say, take that and buy a sim free phone and cancel the O2 contract while you have time. As you work for BT, are there no employee discounts available?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cancel for sure but your old tariffis now obsolete and you cannot revert to it. Working for BT it would make sense to go with them!

Message 7 of 7