cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told lies

Anonymous
Not applicable

In September a salesman called me to gfet me to switch from P&G to Pay monthly. He said I could have a new phone after 3 months. This is not really true. I can only change my phone if I go onto a more expensive deal. As he initially convinced me to swap onto a cheaper deal, this is not what I want. Has anyon else been conned like this?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, that's correct

If you want to stay with O2 and on payg.....you could shop around for a cheap phone sim free and unlocked

and then just go on a payg tariff with O2.

Or you could look at Tesco. They use the O2 network and sometimes have cheaper deals ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it could be another scam by one of O2's 'trusted partners', who would happily sell their own grannies in order to secure some commision. Have you phoned O2 directly to see if anything can be done? Exactly what tariff/deal etc are you on now?

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an online chat with someone. I am on the cheapest deal they do. I only use my phone for Text and talk. Only want a micky mouse phone, but have to change from £8 pm to £13.50 to get one of those. Prior to this I was on pay and Gogogo at 10.50 pm. my current phone, an old nokia, was free when I got it but now has a broken screen, otherwise I would be happy just to keep it.Tried phoning but just put in a queue for ages.

Message 3 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an online chat with someone. I am on the cheapest deal they do.

But who are they ?....probably not O2.....Aerial perhaps ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I hope you haven't signed up with the people who phoned you. Always best to steer well clear. They will tie you into a contract you don't want or need

If you shop around online you will see there are much cheaper deals to be had...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The online person was meant ot be O2. I got there from their website and they went into my account.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The online person was meant ot be O2. I got there from their website and they went into my account.

Then if you contacted them via the website it  was O2. However this doesn't mean you should take out a contract which doesn't benefit you. Ask them for a cheaper deal..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Having looked at your first post it appears you probably were contacted in September by someone professing to be from O2 ...however since then I understand YOU have contacted O2 directly yourself via the web/online chat??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, that's correct

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, that's correct

If you want to stay with O2 and on payg.....you could shop around for a cheap phone sim free and unlocked

and then just go on a payg tariff with O2.

Or you could look at Tesco. They use the O2 network and sometimes have cheaper deals ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15