Did you mean: 

This number is not recognised on a new O2 contract

windycity
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I moved from 3 to O2 about 8 days ago, and ported my number across. The problem i'm facing is that a few callers to my number are recieiving the message "this number is not recognised" 

Most are getting through fine, and my whatsapp is using my number, so that works fine. Any ideas as to why some callers are getting that message and others aren't? 

I've switched off my phone several times to make sure, but I'm still facing the issue. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@windycity You need to speak to customer service. Numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Because you're not buying anything, O2 doesn't consider your call important, so use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected. 

Below is alternative advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@windycity 

This can be due to network congestion or a fault.

You can check for faults here O2 Service Status and see if you can identify if the issue only occurs at certain times of the day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@windycity did you speak to customer services about this and if so what was the result? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

windycity
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They passed it onto their technical team, and it appears to be fixed now. They said they'd contact me within 24 hours of my call, but i never heard back. 

Message 5 of 5