cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Bolt On isn't compatible with the Standard Rates in our Europe Zone Bolt On you already have!!!

mmlabbd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

So to start with, I understand that I don't need O2 Travel for travel in the EU. I know that roaming is included in the EU, that's fine. And yes, I have the "Standard Rates in our Europe Zone Bolt On" that's all good. BUT, If I travel outside of the EU for a holiday how do I access the £4.99 per day option? Should you not be able to add O2 Travel Bolt On for when you aren't travelling inside the EU but still be able to have the "Standard Rates in our Europe Zone Bolt On" or is it one or the other at once, which is a nuisance. 

Cheers. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

No worries, happy to help slight_smile

Sometimes the system has a slight hiccup when adding/removing certain bolt-ons. If you receive any error messages back when sending that text, give us a call on 202 free from your mobile or pop into your local O2 store and we'll happily add that for you.

And rest assured, you'll definitely still be able to use your minutes, texts and data in the EU just as you do in the UK while having the O2 Travel bolt-on added to your account. 

Have a great evening.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @mmlabbd,

You can add the O2 Travel bolt-on whenever, it doesn't affect roaming in the EU. Having the O2 Travel bolt-on added to your account only kicks in when you travel outside of the EU zone (in selected countries) and you'll receive a text once your phone connects to a foreign network to let you know you've triggered the £4.99 charge. Without this bolt-on, you'll be charged standard roaming rates. 

You can add the bolt-on to your account by texting the word O2TRAVEL to 23336. It takes 24 hours to be applied to your account.

You can find out more here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Message 2 of 7

mmlabbd
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Emma. It's just that the warning that gets flagged up when you try and add it looks as though it's going to throw the EU Roaming off the account. I may just send a text and see what happens and keep an eye out for the EU Roaming dissapearing. 

Cheers. 

Message 3 of 7

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

No worries, happy to help slight_smile

Sometimes the system has a slight hiccup when adding/removing certain bolt-ons. If you receive any error messages back when sending that text, give us a call on 202 free from your mobile or pop into your local O2 store and we'll happily add that for you.

And rest assured, you'll definitely still be able to use your minutes, texts and data in the EU just as you do in the UK while having the O2 Travel bolt-on added to your account. 

Have a great evening.

Message 4 of 7

mrandrewh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's more than 2 years since the original query, and My O2 is still giving the same warning when you try to add the O2 Travel Bolt On. The warning also ends mid-sentence with no way to scroll and see the rest of it.

This Bolt On isn't compatible with the Standard Rates outside of our Europe Zone - Heavy Data User Bolt On you already have.

If you continue your

Can it not be fixed?

Message 5 of 7

AnnaH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue. I tried a very lengthy web chat and was told there is no existing bolt on for Euro Zone, when I can very clearly see is on my account AND the system says it will be removed if I add the O2 travel bolt on. Surely, this should have been resolved after two years (per the original post above). 
Has anyone found that they have issues in Europe after adding the worldwide O2 bolt on? 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10113 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@AnnaH 

Nope, never had a problem I have the same bolt on and never had a problem roaming in the EU, and mine have been added and removed lots, when doing upgrades.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7