Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Thinking of moving from All Rounder for iPhone to The Basics for iPhone

Has I often only use around 75MB at most of data per month I am thinking of moving to a lower priced data bolt on.

I see at present I get with the all rounder bolt on, I get Unlimited UK wifi.

On the basics bolt on I see UK wifi is not included. Does this mean I will not be able to use wifi hotspots such as The Cloud, O2 wifi, BT Openzone?

Or will I be able to use the above mentioned wifi hotspots but not on an unlimited usage basis?

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

Anonymous

Re: Thinking of moving from All Rounder for iPhone to The Basics for iPhone

@Anonymous wrote:

Has I often only use around 75MB at most of data per month I am thinking of moving to a lower priced data bolt on.

On the basics bolt on I see UK wifi is not included. Does this mean I will not be able to use wifi hotspots such as The Cloud, O2 wifi, BT Openzone?

Or will I be able to use the above mentioned wifi hotspots but not on an unlimited usage basis?

The Cloud is no longer included, but you can sign up with them for a free account and still access many of their locations. (I did yesterday)
O2 Wifi is open to all after registering
The only one you may have a problem with is BT
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Cloud is no longer included, but you can sign up with them for a free account and still access many of their locations. (I did yesterday)
O2 Wifi is open to all after registering
The only one you may have a problem with is BT

Thanks Dave for the help its much appreciated. I've just registered for a free account with the Cloud and for Sky wifi.

Am I right in thinking that the only one I would lose or have trouble with would be BT Openzone? (to be honest I cannot ever remember using a BT Openzone hotspot, so this shouldnt be a problem).

So even though I would no longer have UK wifi included on the basics for the iPhone bolt on, I will still have access to The Cloud (with the free account I have created) and if O2 Wifi is open to all after registering (which I've already done) I'll be able to access O2 wifi too?

Are there any usage limits that you are aware of Dave for The Cloud (free account) O2 wifi, Sky wifi?

Thanks again Dave for the help.

Anonymous

I really don't know what the download limits are on any of these as I've not looked at the T&C's - someone might know. 

The only Cloud site I have come across which I no longer have access to is Liverpool Airport.

Don't forget McDonalds are switching to O2 (It's started happening) and there are quite a few pubs coming on line with them.

Also Tesco have free wifi for reward card holders in there Extra stores

Anonymous

Thanks again Dave for the help its much appreciated. I think I'll go ahead and alter my bolt on now.