cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of joining o2? My experience

Anonymous
Not applicable

So my current mobile contract was nearing an end and I was looking to make a move to a new provider. While it’s always daunting, word of mouth is very important so I thought I’d share with you all my experiences from the initial query, to the ordering process to getting connected to try and hopefully help those of you who are maybe thinking of making a switch to o2 slight_smile

THE QUERY PROCESS

I made the first point of contact with the live chat team regarding taking out a new deal with them. Hats off to the advisor ; they weren’t pushy at all and asked genuine questions regarding my usage etc. It’s also worth noting your employer as you may be entitled to a discount of 25% off your airtime plan which the advisor did also mention which is unusual to see. The advisor also stayed around while I completed the order to ensure it went through correctly.

THE DELIVERY PROCESS

The delivery process was also very pain free. The delivery was next day (given you order before 10pm which is a nice little incentive that most other places don’t offer) and was by UK Mail. On the morning of the delivery I received a text message giving me a 2 hour window of when it was due to be delivered. Nice to have the option of not sitting around from 8-6 or whatever waiting on that delivery that never seems to arrive!

GETTING THE PHONE AND GETTING SET UP

Using the MyO2 app and the My Account section online is really easy and visually pleasing to navigate. Everything is laid out very clearly and clearly shows a breakdown of your Airtime/Device plan costs and for the Phone Device shows you how much you still have left to pay which is good to see.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hopefully you’ll never need to get in touch with them and unfortunately I had to get in touch a few days after joining due to a signal issue. However it was just a bad coincidence that they were doing some maintenance however this quickly passed and as a goodwill gesture I was offered £10 credit for just a day downtime…. never had that before from any network!

Anyway, I hope you guys find this useful in helping you decide whether to join o2 for the 24 month contracts. Sometimes when you’ve no experience of a network it can seem a little daunting but I can honestly recommend them…. and the little community here too is very good to be a part off and very helpful!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Pleased to hear it all went well for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

All seemed to have gone well for you Ryan.

Sadly the delivery process isn't always as uncomplicated as yours. It is great when it goes well but we hear many stories of non delivery

Then of course there are those unfortunate people who order phones online...and then find they are actually out of stock at the time of ordering....

Not being negative as I am sure there are many like you who order and have no problems...we only get to know of those who have issues

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Glad you had a good experience, so many report differently. Though, generally we only hear the negative here
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Makes a nice chamge to hear the other side of the coin on the community. Nice one slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear your positive experience @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 6 of 6