Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Thinking of Moving to o2 from VF, should I?

My contract with VF will shortly run out, I am considering moving to o2 mainly because I can get a better tariff on o2. The thing I think concerns me the most is I don't really know what their customer services is like. I would appreciate some feedback regarding this, for instance, are they easy to contact, do you have to wait days if you email rather than phone, are calls from mobile to customer services free and what are the cs representatives like for actually getting to the bottom of what you need to know and sorting things out?

I would be most grateful if I could have feedback on this as I need to make a decision soon.
Anonymous

You will get a better tariff on O2 and similar coverage, but O2's customer service is, without doubt, the worst in the business ......... except perhaps for Tiscali.

Another consideration (which you may not have thought of) is that Vodafone have promised to allow its customers to block incoming reverse charge premium rate text messages (from summer) O2 customers are still exposed to this menace and O2 refuse to budge on this.
Anonymous

I think O2 customer service is fine.

Every time my bill has been wrong (not a frequent event) it has been sorted.
The other day I asked for the PUK for PIN2 on my phone by email, I received a reply within 30 minutes with the correct PUK.

I find o2 broadband customer service equally helpful.

YMMV

Ian
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

[ Edited ]
O2 customer care recently came top in a recent poll

O2 Tops Customer Satisafaction in Uk Survey
(A survey carried out by the UK price comparison website, moneysupermarket.com has found that O2 ranked top for customer satisfaction amongst contract subscribers)
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/30917.php

A JD power survery was also carried out recently and o2 came 2nd in both contract and payg.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/r ... 008046.pdf

My self I fine o2 customer care very good, but there is room for improvement on a few levels, but that doesnt mean its rubbish.

I hope that answers your question.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Thank you for your comments. I am still torn as to what to do because Vodafone now have a brilliant eforum which is manned 24 hours a day by Vodafone staff. Far better than using the telephone customer services.

Some people that use this forum on here do belong to o2. But I am also supprised that the site isnt managed by o2 customer care or staff.

Is there a Job out there for this ? Smiley Very Happy
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Haha Darren (from Esato)?
your gonna have to beat James to that Smiley Very Happy

btw ive had good customer service experiences with 02 in the past aswell,
it differs btw networks. Vodafone 191 Customer care are clueless half the time yet I love that eForum they have!

02 email responses are off the rails half the time yet I suppose there a ok network deep down they offered some great services years ago but I think they need to launch something better now cause I left had some ups and downs and I was amused at the stressing time they put me through obtaining PAC sadley :womanindifferent:

02 sort yourselves out

get some decent deal together like you did as BT Genie once a upon a time! Smiley Wink

Hello Miss UK from Esato.

Its nice to speak to you on here too.

I agree, There are some improvements o2 need to make as well as with all mobile providers.

But with mine and your help, we can do this.

Smiley Happy

Anonymous

lol how long before Mr Mod from esato turns up?

I have got alot of knowledge on 02 so I will try and solve some of the members questions as yourself Smiley Wink

Plus be good to keep a to see out if any major good deals crop up in the online shop but im a little disatisfied at what they have to offer currentley!

for the first time I actually like being on another network ive been with 02 since the days of the Philips Digi "U" handsets or formally known as "Cellnet" !

So I just fancied a change tbh!
Anonymous

The customer care don't seem to understand even basic things like what plan you are in. See my post 'Appaling customer service' in pay monthly section.

Actually I feel harassed and intimidated by O2 customer care personnel this morning for no mistake of my own.

My new contract is about to commence on 17-May-2008 which is two days from now. According to the terms and conditions, O2 would offer a 14 day trial period in which we can either cancel or modify the plan.

The O2 customer care officers do not even know when my new plan commences, so they were not able to tell whether I'm in the 14 day period or not yet into it.

Basically, after being 18+ months with O2, I would suggest that you don't take a contract with O2 unless you are ready to be harassed and bullied.

Thanks.
Sathish