cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things learned from the O2 Outage

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Download, install and register for TuGo now if you are on pay monthly - if it happens again you will then have the option for TuGo over wifi.

2. Don't rely on your mobile as your only form of communication, especially if you need to be contactable for example for work or business - always ensure you have an alternative method of contact, and another reason to install TuGo now!

3. Don't rely on O2's twitter presence to be any help whatsoever!

4. O2 will update their status page - eventually!

5. People will post a thread here called 'no network' even when there are many threads already with the same title!

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's something we ask for every time - even just an announcement on the forum would be an improvement.....

The problem with a main information thread is that people would ignore it as we saw yesterday. To keep it under control you would need a moderator online constantly . I agree last night was a bit fraught to say the least ....but a lot less stressful than when Apple release a new iPhone Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 69

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's something we ask for every time - even just an announcement on the forum would be an improvement.....

The problem with a main information thread is that people would ignore it as we saw yesterday. To keep it under control you would need a moderator online constantly . I agree last night was a bit fraught to say the least ....but a lot less stressful than when Apple release a new iPhone Rolleys

Last time they put an announcement on the home page and said they would do that if it happened again. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Last time they put an announcement on the home page and said they would do that if it happened again. Smiley Indifferent

Personally I am sure making an announcement wouldn't stop people posting randomly. The cynic in me also would think community forums tend to rely on posting activity to increase their position in whatever comparison table is used....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 69

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm sure most of them just want to make a noise and feel their frustration is heard.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do agree people do tend to post their own threads even with a main issue thread and many people don't even have the first idea of where to look even for issues raised but it does channel a good number of posts into it.
What makes a new iPhone so stressful for this forum @Cleoriff I've never really noticed much difference in the gg forum when new phones come out though there's often a rash of when will x be in stock but that's all of the big brands the edge and s6 being the recent ones mostly.
Message 25 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You ask about the iPhone launch? That's well known on here. All the excitement starts from the time the launch date is known.....The post count goes through the roof....I am not being negative at all, even though I don't use an iPhone but this phone creates its own community within the community as it were.  My only advice if you want to experience this, is to stick around. Me? I may well hibernate this year LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh goodness but that sounds quite fun as a big apple fan I do enjoy the chatter of what might and might not be. Saying that I didn't buy the apple watch and I doubt I'd buy the next iPhone. 😀
Message 27 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh goodness but that sounds quite fun as a big apple fan I do enjoy the chatter of what might and might not be. Saying that I didn't buy the apple watch and I doubt I'd buy the next iPhone. 😀

Right then @Anonymous...as you have admitted to being an Apple fan...you may well be left to deal with all queries that hit the forum from July/ August onwards....best of luck...Whistle LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol I'll need to keep up with the rumours then, though I have heard about the camera the ram and the screen ( which sounds like my old horrible screens you had to poke with a nail ) either that or go on holiday 😎
Message 29 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
On about the iPhone launch already noooo lol

They haven't even had this years WWDC yet wink
Message 30 of 69