cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things learned from the O2 Outage

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Download, install and register for TuGo now if you are on pay monthly - if it happens again you will then have the option for TuGo over wifi.

2. Don't rely on your mobile as your only form of communication, especially if you need to be contactable for example for work or business - always ensure you have an alternative method of contact, and another reason to install TuGo now!

3. Don't rely on O2's twitter presence to be any help whatsoever!

4. O2 will update their status page - eventually!

5. People will post a thread here called 'no network' even when there are many threads already with the same title!

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Miss behaving she should be called

I think we will reserve that name for you @Anonymous Bouncy

girl power @Cleoriff. :smileywink:.the boys think only they can get away with those jokes *hides*  lol tongue x

giphy-3
Message 61 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear I think I've lead you all very far off topic. Any way what I've learned about O2 due to the issues is that there's an O2 community that I never realised existed. Plus I've got so fed up typing in my address for the log in ( it doesn't seem to want to remember it even though I've ticked the box ) that I've finally got round to making a keyboard shortcut, which is handy for all the forms for freebies and offers I'm always filling in. I'll get round to a banner and avatar after the 4 th when my daughters finished her exams so she can help.
Message 62 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Pleased you found the O2 community @Anonymous, though you can't take the blame for leading anyone off topic. We can do that pretty easily ourselves and certainly when the forum and network has had problems with access.LOL

Re logging in.....Eventually my laptop and Note 3 have 'remembered' my details so it is easy for me now....(when the forum is working of course) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your the one usually doing that @Cleoriff wink
Message 64 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Your the one usually doing that @Cleoriff wink

Stand in line @Anonymous. I am certainly not the only one... I picked up this habit from others...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They use to be very strict on gg about going too far off topic for too long we'd get a ticking off if we did except in the general discussion section.
Message 67 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They use to be very strict on gg about going too far off topic for too long we'd get a ticking off if we did except in the general discussion section.

We get a ticking off as well @Anonymous unless the OP is happy for us wander off topic. However we usually pre-empt this by saying...and ...Now ...back on topic. There you go...all done...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 69

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We do get a nudge from above if it gets too bad. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 69 of 69