Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft

Toby1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was in the process of ordering a phone.. During the credit check it asked for a 450 deposit. I declined to pay. Canceled the order as I'm not paying that for any phone. So I check my balance at my bank and 02 have stollen 80 from my bank... I declined to pay any deposit and canceled the order and you took 80 off me.. For what? That's theft you can't just take money off me for zero reason! I rang up and was told o one could help me for 24 hours At least! So I'm sat here the victim of theft from a billion pound company... I have no phone... I didn't want to pay the 450 deposit. I cancelled the order so why did your company take 80 from my account? For what reason? You can't steal money like this!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It won't have actually left your account at all. It will be held in reserved funds and will reappear on your balance after a few days.
It's standard pre authorisation as used by many companies these days.
Your bank will confirm this if you call them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It won't have actually left your account at all. It will be held in reserved funds and will reappear on your balance after a few days.
It's standard pre authorisation as used by many companies these days.
Your bank will confirm this if you call them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

They haven’t stolen it & this is not O2 you are talking to but a customer forum. We are all customers here 

Message 3 of 5

Toby1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5