Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The old 80% used topic!!

Strumski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone app says I've used 45mb but 02 message says over 400mb used and I'm only in less than 10 days of this months cycle! I'm quite a light user, coming in at around 300mb usually and my browsing habits have not changed....  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Give customer services a call and they will credit you with more data.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi @Strumski, I would be interested in how you get on with this. Please post back.

Message 3 of 6

Strumski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice guys...  well I rang and they told me that the 'mobile data' box on my phone needed to be switched off as it was incurring the data usage while I was using my own wi-fi at home! The 45mb I'd assumed I'd used in the 10 days prior was , she said, daily usage!! I will try it but am not convinced as I've not had a problem with it before this. Have been happily using at home and outside for 5yrs without an issue but now suddenly I need to tick off the mobile data? We'll see.....

Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Are you on Android or iPhone?
If Android, look for an app called 3G watchdog (it's free).
Once you get it set up with your allowance (amount and when it starts) then it will show how much you are using and what app(s) are using it.
Things to check - both android and ios have settings about using mobile data if the wifi signal is patchy/slower so make sure they are off. There might also be an issue where wifi turns off if the device is in sleep/low power mode.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please bear in mind that phone counter will use raw data, and O2 will charge in MB slots, results may differ
Message 6 of 6