The minutes included in my contract

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey all, 

I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. 

I've got a new contract and I'm most confused with the wording of an e-mail that explains what I have included in my contract. Please have a read and let me know what you think:

Unlimited minutes to standard landlines and mobiles within our Europe Zone, provided that any calls from the UK to any other country, or any calls outside our Europe Zone will be charged at standard international rates.

Unlimited texts to standard mobiles within our Europe Zone, provided that any texts from the UK to any other country, or any texts outside our Europe Zone will be charged at standard international rates.

What a confusing way to express oneself. Based on this, do I have an unlimited call in the EU, providing I pay for calls to the EU? It's like saying "you have unlimited beer, providing any beer you buy at the bar is being paid for". 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35749 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

When roaming in O2's Europe Zone, @AlexanderMTTH, calls you make back to the UK, or to UK mobiles, and calls made within the Europe Zone country in which you are roaming, are included in your tariff minutes.

Calls from the UK to a number in the Europe Zone, are charged at the standard rate for that type of call, ie landline or mobile.

Does that make sense?

This may help: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35749 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

When roaming in O2's Europe Zone, @AlexanderMTTH, calls you make back to the UK, or to UK mobiles, and calls made within the Europe Zone country in which you are roaming, are included in your tariff minutes.

Calls from the UK to a number in the Europe Zone, are charged at the standard rate for that type of call, ie landline or mobile.

Does that make sense?

This may help: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Message 2 of 4

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @pgn. It surely does and that's what I've suspected as well. 

But you manage in a few minutes to word things in a manner in which the Courts would not consider unacceptable (assuming this wording is made by a frustrated lawyer that couldn't pass the Bar Exam and now works for Telefonica) and the clients understand it, without convoluted unnecessary syntax that defies logic. 

Thanks again. A.

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35749 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions
Message 4 of 4