Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

The Cloud removal. Breach of contract?

I received a text on the 26th January informing me that O2 were removing the cloud from my iPhone tariff. This happened on the 1st of February.
O2 T&Cs state that they must give a customer 30 days notice before making changes that are detrimental to their contract. As I only received one text message, 5 days before the change was made, does this represent a breach in contract?
I have emailed O2 to ask but have received no response.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: The Cloud removal. Breach of contract?

No, it doesn't.
You still have unlimited wifi via BT Openzone and O2 wifi is rolling out quickly across the country.
Cloud wifi hotspots are free anyway, it's not like you'll need to start paying if you choose to still use them.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

The t&c also stated that the wifi providers can be changed at any time on new t&c
And old t&c said wifi was a promotion that could be removed at any time.
Use the search function of the forums many threads about this. viewtopic.php?p=399175#p399175 I even posted the relevant bit of the t&c for new contracts
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I love post claiming 'breach of contract'. They usually mean 'can I use this to breach my contract'. Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I received a text on the 26th January informing me that O2 were removing the cloud from my iPhone tariff. This happened on the 1st of February.
O2 T&Cs state that they must give a customer 30 days notice before making changes that are detrimental to their contract. As I only received one text message, 5 days before the change was made, does this represent a breach in contract?
I have emailed O2 to ask but have received no response.
Thanks.

Strange that you have only had 1 text about it, I received the first 1 on 13/12/11 and have had about 3 now reminding me
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,
This change does not give customers the right to terminate their contract as it’s an Additional Service. If they are still in their minimum term then they can end their data Bolt On by giving a 30 day's notice. If they're outside their minimum term then they can give 30 day’s notice to end their mobile agreement or just their data Bolt On.
More information can be found at www.o2.co.uk/wifichanges.
Highlighted
Anonymous

At least you got a text ... I didnt and didnt notice that I was not on Cloud and downloaded app updates and then breached my monthly data allowance.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I wasn't notified either, if I hadn't come to this forum I wouldn't have even known about it.