cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thailand charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Thailand, with international roaming turned off before I even landed, and have declined all calls received, not listened to any voicemail messages or made a single call.

Initially on O2 Travel, I assumed as no data has been sent or received, I would NOT be charged £4.99 a day, as per O2's conditions. However I noticed I had been charged each day for the first 5 days.

I sent NOTRAVEL to their text number, but now I receive a £1.50 charge everytime my phone rings, and £1.25 for every message left. I still have not answered the phone once nor called my voicemail or made a single call.

Incredibly on restarting my phone I get charged £1.25 everytime as the voicemail notification comes up!

I have now put my phone on airplane mode!

Surely all this is wrong and I should not have been charged at all? Am I really expected to turn my phone off to avoid charges while in Thailand?

My new wife has not been charged, she too is on O2 but has as yet not received a call to decline.

I intend to be firm with O2 on my return as their welcoming text was clear:

"Welcome to THAILAND . While you're here, calls within the country and back to the UK will be £1.50ppm. Receiving a call will cost £1.25ppm. Texts are 40p to send and free to receive. Data is £6 a MB.
Or sign up to O2 Travel and for just £4.99 a day, get all the data, minutes and texts you need in THAILAND . And you'll only be charged for the days you use it."

Thanks
Simon
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@gmarkj. See my reply above. (I don't agree with it but I don't set the rates) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 41