Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from UK to Guernsey

DDRomford
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have just spoken to O2 and asked what the charge for a text, sent from the UK to Guernsey in the Channel Islands is. I was told they are included in my tariff and would be taken from my text allowance.
Guernsey is not in the EU and, although it has it's own government, the Channel Islands are a British Isle and fall under the Queen.
I am trying to find out if anyone in the Community texts Guernsey.
I was previously, and for some time, using my Virgin SIM for Guernsey texts at no additional charge, but I am now suddenly being charged.
I would be pleased to hear, first hand, if anyone sends texts to Guernsey and whether they are charged outside of their allowance or not. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @DDRomford,

I am sorry to hear that someone gave you the wrong information scream

But, I am glad to see that the community has helped heartheart

I'll drop you a Private Message to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help out thumbsup We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks everyone for your helpHandshake 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 14

DDRomford
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have decided to bring this incident to O2's attention, without giving the employee's name (which I always ask for).
Message 12 of 14

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Morning @DDRomford,

We are here to help so, anything you need just let us know Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If O2 take this as seriously as they should, they will have a look at your account. The adviser will have left a footprint on your account and it will be brought to the attention of his/her manager to deal with in the first instance and hopefully the wider repercussions will lead to better training of staff on their own products. 

To sum up, this should benefit all customers. 

@DDRomford wrote:
I have decided to bring this incident to O2's attention, without giving the employee's name (which I always ask for).

Message 14 of 14