Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Texts abroad.

Hello,
I am going to turkey next week and am wondering whether I can use my free texts ? I have unlimited texts so am not sure what the charge, if any, there is ?
Many thanks,
Luke
Anonymous

Re: Texts abroad.

Hi, i went to turkey in 2009 and from what i can remember it takes 4 units per one text !!
Anonymous

so say i have theoretical unlimited, i think its something like 9999 per month haha then it wouldnt cost ?
Anonymous

Oh LOL, as i know i get unlimited texts and also 1000 texts which don't get used lol, so it came out of the 1000 texts? i guess you don't have that on your tariff?
Anonymous

In 2009 things were very different. Accounts had a built in 500 Or 1000 SMS allowance, this used 4 for 1 when abroad, even when customers had the free unltd text bolt this 500 was still there, so you had 125 free sms when abroad (250 on the higher allowance)
*this does not apply now*
Any tariff taken since feb 2010, whether as an upgrade, tariff change or new contract, does NOT have any free texts when abroad, so you would be charged for texts sent while abroad, please don't make the mistake of sending texts thinking they are free, unless your tariff is older than feb 2010 of course.
Anonymous

No my tariff is unlimited texts and 300 minutes so I was just wondering if it would cost to use them in turkey ?
Anonymous

No my tariff is unlimited texts and 300 minutes so I was just wondering if it would cost to use them in turkey ?

Here we go then......
http://travelabroad.o2-uktech.com/location.php
Anonymous

Yes, texts in Turkey are charged. they are 30p. Picture messages however, on your tariff, are only 20p. So send them instead.
Anonymous

In 2009 things were very different. Accounts had a built in 500 Or 1000 SMS allowance, this used 4 for 1 when abroad, even when customers had the free unltd text bolt this 500 was still there, so you had 125 free sms when abroad (250 on the higher allowance)
*this does not apply now*
Any tariff taken since feb 2010, whether as an upgrade, tariff change or new contract, does NOT have any free texts when abroad, so you would be charged for texts sent while abroad, please don't make the mistake of sending texts thinking they are free, unless your tariff is older than feb 2010 of course.

Things have changed alot then, i am not looking forward to upgrading my contract next week!!
Anonymous

Yes, I'd look very very carefully before you agree to any changes Sarah. You'll be amazed how things ave changed in 2 years!