cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting to phones abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the standard eurozone package which states that I can make calls and texts and use data out of my UK allowance while I am in eurozone countries however I could not find any information on if and how this effects my ability to text to phones in a eurozone country specifically France because I would like to text someone there and was wondering if this would charge me extra?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Whilst you are roaming you can call or text to any eurozone country from your normal allowances without any extra charges.
This only applies whilst you are roaming though, not when you are in UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Whilst you are roaming you can call or text to any eurozone country from your normal allowances without any extra charges.
This only applies whilst you are roaming though, not when you are in UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If its a French mobile you pay international rates. If it's a UK phone you are texting it's free from your allowances wherever in the world the phone is. 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If its a French mobile you pay international rates. If it's a UK phone you are texting it's free from your allowances wherever in the world the phone is. 

Not whilst roaming mate. 

All European countries are included. 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What about when dialing a countries local 800 number (free in that country)? Does it still charge?
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Message 7 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This is how it works (UK = UK mobile number)

Uk - Uk mobiles At normal rates (your allowance) no matter where the phone is in the world (they may get charged for receiving (non eu))

Uk - EU Zone numbers mobile or landline Charged at international rate If you Are in the uk

Uk (in EU Zone) - To another eu Number as per normal charges (allowance used)

UK (In Non Eu Zone)- To Any number Charged or activates O2Travel £3.99 or £4.99 A day

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@ElaGirl wrote:
What about when dialing a countries local 800 number (free in that country)? Does it still charge?

Free means free. 

No additional charges are allowed under eu legislation. 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to our community forum! Did you get all the info you needed and do you have any additional questions? slight_smile 

Message 10 of 10