Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Texting From Cyprus

im on the 600 mins and 500 texts taffir my bolt ons are unlimited texts and unlimited web, when i am texting from Cyprus do my 'unlimited' texts cound or will they be taken from my 500 that come as standard on my contract? Also im guessing i will not be able to use my free web while im there and i will be charged extra if i do?

Thanks,
Richard
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texting From Cyprus

They come from your base amount not the unlimited so 500 texts would give you 125 roaming sms
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Texting From Cyprus

Also im guessing i will not be able to use my free web while im there and i will be charged extra if i do?

You're right. In fact web access abroad is very expensive (up to £6 per MB).

Depending on the capability of your phone you still may be able to surf at free wifi hotspots for nothing.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texting From Cyprus

Thanks for you replies guys, very helpful, ill have to keep a look out for those wi-fi hot spots Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texting From Cyprus

To be on the safe side, you may want to put your phone in "airplane" mode when connecting to free wifi, just so it doesn't try to connect through GPRS / 3G.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texting From Cyprus

" To be on the safe side, you may want to put your phone in "airplane" mode when connecting to free wifi, just so it doesn't try to connect through GPRS / 3G"

Good advice. But hold onto it, it might fly away (lol)